Robert Fulghum said, “All I really need to know… I learned in kindergarten.” This quote is a candid demonstration of the importance of Kindergarten education for any student. It is for this very reason that it is important for schools to impart quality Kindergarten education. Obviously, this necessitates qualified and experienced teachers who can mold kids to develop the right personality. And this is one of the most important reasons why Kindergarten teachers are so sought-after in today’s schools. This is exactly the reason why a kindergarten teacher must have a strong resume that will shout out your abilities to develop a kid and portray you at your best!
Despite the commonalities among the resume of a teacher in general, the resume of a Kindergarten teacher demands more tailoring and customization in order to fit into the specific pre-requisites of the job. The material to be included in the resume must be carefully handpicked and scrutinized to meet the above mentioned criteria. The core of the resume must be the significance of your role in the development of children and the resume is to be furnished with your skills and abilities that make you eligible for the job. The key is to strike a balance between the focus on the welfare of the children and your ability to work closely with your colleagues or fellow teachers.
Some of the things that could be listed as the responsibilities of a Kindergarten teacher include:
- Effectively harnessing games and activities to build the vocabulary, language, mathematical and social abilities of the children.
- Planning and organizing a range of extra-curricular activities including role play, movement, dance, singing, games, arts and crafts and nature activities
- Preparation of inspiring and interesting learning materials creatively and using practical skills
- Closely observing the development of children and recognizing those students with learning difficulties and working closely with other professionals and colleagues for this cause
- Effective communication of the child’s development with his/her parents
- Handling any problems or situations that arise efficiently and creatively
It is important to accentuate your specialty or a special ability. E.g.: ability to work with children with some difficulties.
Besides these, it is important to highlight your skill sets. The skills that are to be highlighted must include the ones that demonstrate your ability to develop children through interactive and creative activities.
Some of the skill sets that can be listed are:
- The ability to utilize communication skills so as to create a cheerful, gentle and stimulating learning ambience
- Adept at nurturing children’s appetite for learning and transmitting excitement among the children
- Highly creative and practical skills and an imaginative approach
- An understanding and kindliness towards the needs of the children and an ability to maintain a positive relationship with the parents and other teachers
- A clear knowledge of early childhood and a grasp of the problems that could hinder the normal development of a child
- Liveliness, vitality and ingenuity
Last but not the least, let your CV reflect and emphasize the passion that you have for educating young children and a candid perception of your responsibility in the raising of children in knowledge and conviction and your ability to impart a positive view of themselves and the world around them.